I am a week behind on the challenge, so I am going to post two challenges this week. Last week, I got completely off task. I decided to clean out my garage. We have a two car garage, but half of the garage was filled with junk and my husband had to park outside. That's right...was. In trying to live a more simplified life, I am getting rid of everything we don't need and use. Since my husband and I aren't going to have more kids, it is time to get rid of all of our baby stuff. The baby girl items went to my brother who is having a girl in June. The baby boy clothing that my son has already grown out of went to a friend. All of my maternity clothing went to another friend. We could have sold many of the items, but since we have been so blessed, I am focused on passing on our blessings to others.
Although it is great to have goals and a game plan, sometimes you have to be flexible and deviate to take care of something that really needs to be done! Now, back to our challenge.
This week's challenge is to declutter your kitchen cabinets.
*Don't focus on your pantry at this time. That will be a later step.
- Focus on one cabinet at a time.
- Pull everything out of cabinet.
- Throw away any food/items that are expired, broken or won't be used.
- Set aside items to giveaway. In general, anything that hasn't been used in the last year should be donated or thrown away.
- Put items back into cabinets. Don't focus too much on the organization this week. We will tackle that another week.
How are you doing on your Home Challenge?
Some of the links on this website are "affiliate links." This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I receive a commission.