Happy Valentine's Day! I hope that you and your spouse have something fun planned to celebrate.
Ecclesiastes 4:9 says "Two are better than one, because the have a good reward for their toil. For if they fail, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him- a threefold cord is not easily broken." (ESV) I love the picture of a threefold cord. The threefold cord is strong and cannot be easily broken. When Christ is the center of our marriages, they will be strong. They will not be broken. It is when we fail to give our relationships up to Christ and delight in our own sinful nature that our marriages can and often will fail.
Week #6: Pray for Your Spouse
We cannot control our spouse's relationship with God, but we can continually lift them up in prayer. This week, I want to challenge you to purposefully pray for your spouse on a daily basis.
Here are some things that you can consider when you pray:
- What are some of my spouse's spiritual gifts? (Praise)
- What are some things that are going well in my spouse's personal life? (Praise)
- What are some things that are going well in my spouse's professional life? (Praise)
- What are some things that are going well in your marriage? (Praise)
- What is your spouse currently struggling with in their spiritual life? If you don't know the answer to this, take a few minutes to ask.
- What are some of the things that your spouse is struggling with in their personal life?
- What are some of the things that your spouse is struggling with in their professional life?
- What are some things that you are struggling with as a couple?
If you need help getting started, there are many great resources available.
31 Days of Praying for Your Husband
6 Verses to Pray for Your Husband
Praying for Him (31 Day Challenge)
Praying for Her (31 Day Challenge)
Books About Prayer:
The Power of a Praying® Wife
The Power of a Praying® Husband
Prayers Of An Excellent Wife: Intercession For Him
Praying God's Word for Your Husband
How to Pray for Your Wife: A 31-Day Guide
52 Week Marriage Challenge
Week #1: Devotional Time
Week #2: Spouse Time
Week #3: Letter of Thanks
Week #4: Kiss Like You Mean It
Week #5 Stay at Home Date Night
Some of the links on this website are "affiliate links." This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I receive a commission