I just love Valentine's Day. It is such a great reminder to show the people we love how much we care about them. To kick off February, I wanted to make a special Valentine's breakfast for my family. I made some changes to my favorite pancake recipe and came up with these Strawberry Banana Sweetheart Pancakes. I love to incorporate fruits or vegetables into baked goods to add nutritional content. These pancakes turned out great and my girls gobbled them up.
Strawberry Banana Sweetheart Pancakes
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon White Sugar
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Egg (Beaten)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup Milk
2 Tablespoons Oil
2 Ripe Bananas (Mashed)
1/2 Cup Diced Strawberries
Directions (makes 12 pancakes):
- In a large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add egg, vanilla, milk, oil, and bananas.
- Stir and combine ingredients. Batter will be lumpy.
- Heat griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly oil griddle.
- Pour pancake batter onto griddle (approximately 1/4 cup per pancake). Sprinkle diced strawberries on top of pancake batter.
- Cook until bubbles start to form on top. Flip pancake and cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot!
What is your favorite Valentine's meal to make?