Friday, December 28, 2012

Books to Read in January 2013

One of my top 6 priorities for 2013 is to focus on self development. One goal in this area is to read at least one book per week or 4 per month. I love to read, but it is something I haven't had much time to do in the last few years. Each month, I will be selecting books to read during the month and will post them here on the blog.

Since I have the Kindle app on my iPhone (which is free if you don't use it already), it is easy for me to read when I have a few minutes downtime. I am also going to plan ahead, and reserve copies of the books I want to read at the library to save on the cost of books.

Here are the books I plan to read in January:

The Air I Breathe: Worship as a Way of Life




Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World

 

The Heart of Simplicity: Foundations for Christian Homemaking

 
 
Redemption

Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions
 
 
In the Shadow of the Banyan: A Novel


I love to read fiction, so I am going to go out on a limb this year and focus on reading more non-fiction books. I feel like these books will give me a good variety of fiction and non-fiction and will also help me to grow spiritually.

What books are you planning to read in January?

No comments:

Post a Comment