Sunday, December 30, 2012

Preschool Plan: Week of 12/31


One of my top 6 priorities for 2013, is my relationship with my children. One of my roles as their mother is educator. As an educator, it is important to set aside time each week to teach my children. I made the decision to not send my daughters to preschool at this time, but I still understand the importance of scheduled learning time. This will be beneficial in preparing them for Kindergarten.

I have a two year old daughter and a three year old daughter. Each week I am going to share with you my "lesson plans" for our preschool time. When I created my 2013 daily schedule, I set aside an hour on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for preschool. During this time, I will have planned activities to accomplish. I found a planner from Homeschool Creations, that I think is very helpful in creating a weekly preschool schedule. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I will have a planned outing. I believe that it is important for my children to not only have structured learning time inside the home, but to also have learning experiences outside of the home. For our outings, we may make a trip to the zoo, the Children's Museum or we may have a play date with a friend.

I found a great Calendar at the Dollar Tree. The Calendar, Dates, and Months each cost a $1 so my total cost was $3.00. I also found a U.S. Map and Pledge of Allegiance poster for $1. Most of my other resources I find online for free.

Two Year Old Ongoing Focus: Letter Recognition, Word Recognition, Shapes, Colors

Three Year Old Ongoing Focus: Pre-Reading (Sight Words, Word Families), Days of the Week, Months of the Year, Geography, Beginning Math

Two Year Old Lesson Plans

Monday
  1. Letter Flashcards (purchased from the $1 Spot at Target)
  2. Letter C Magazine Activity (find pictures in magazines of things that start with letter C and paste onto Construction paper)
  3. Read Cat in the Hat
Wednesday
  1. Letter Flashcards (purchased from the $1 Spot at Target)
  2. Cat in the Hat Coloring Page (we practice colors as she picks crayons to color with)
  3. Number Flashcards 1-5 (purchased from the $1 Spot at Target)
Friday

  1. Letter Flashcards (purchased from the $1 Spot at Target)
  2. Shapes worksheet (color shapes different colors)
  3. Create Hat for Cat in the Hat

Three Year Old Lesson Plans

This week's theme: Cat in the Hat

Monday
  1. Pledge of Allegiance
  2. Days of the Week and Month Review
  3. Sight Word Flashcards (purchased from the $1 Spot at Target)
  4. "at" Family Word Week
  5. 1-2-1-2 Pattern Worksheet
  6. Map Time (using $1 U.S. Map purchased at Dollar Tree)
Wednesday
  1. Pledge of Allegiance
  2. Days of the Week and Month Review
  3. Sight Word Flashcards (purchased from the $1 Spot at Target)
  4. "at" Family Word Week
  5. Circle the Matching Number Worksheet
  6. Map Time (using $1 U.S. Map purchased at Dollar Tree)
Friday
  1. Pledge of Allegiance
  2. Days of the Week and Month Review
  3. Sight Word Flashcards (purchased from the $1 Spot at Target)
  4. "at" Family Word Week
  5. Trace and Match Numbers Worksheet
  6. Map Time (using $1 U.S. Map purchased at Dollar Tree)

No comments:

Post a Comment