Saturday, December 29, 2012

Meal Plan: Week of 12/31


 
One of my 6 priorities for 2013 is Household Management. A big part of this is making sure that I have a menu planned for each week. I tend to fall into the "oh no, it is 5:00 and I have no clue what to make for dinner" trap. By being more prepared each week, I hope to serve our family more nutritious meals and eliminate a lot of the dinnertime stress. Each week, I will post my weekly menu here. I would love for you to share your menu! I usually use Pinterest as my "recipe" book" (follow me on Pinterest).

Breakfast

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes (from freezer), Oatmeal, Cereal, and/or Waffles (from freezer) and fruit
*More breakfast ideas here on Pinterest

Lunch

Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwiches w/ fruit and yogurt (Pretty much our go to lunch)
Cheese, Crackers, and Fruit
Macaroni and Cheese w/ fruit
Leftovers

Dinner
White Chicken Chili (for Chili cook off at church on New Year's Eve)
Pasta w/ meatballs, salad, and garlic bread
Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings (I always add carrots and celery to the recipe)
Tacos w/ Refried Beans
Pizza
Crockpot Pulled Pork served on buns with corn and fruit
*More crockpot ideas here on Pinterest
Leftovers

Freezer Cooking
Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Brown Bag Burritos (for husband's lunches)
Homemade English Muffin Bread
*More Freezer cooking ideas here on Pinterest

Since my husband usually gets the girls breakfast in the morning, I like to provide him with easy options. My favorites are pancakes, waffles, or muffins that can be frozen and reheated for 30 seconds in the microwave. At this time, I find it easier to just take dinner one day at a time, but hopefully I will find time this year to complete a couple freezer cooking sessions.

What does your meal plan look like this week? What are your go to meals?












No comments:

Post a Comment